Two cups uncooked instant white rice
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- One and a half small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/3 mug)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, cut in to 3/4-inch ice cubes (Two cups)
- 2 medium carrots, cut in to 1-inch pieces (3/4 mug)
- One and a half extra-large vegetarian vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- Two cups fresh small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
How to make Vegetarian Curry
- Cook rice in 2 cups of the water because aimed on bundle.
- In 3-quart saucepan, warmth oil more than medium-high warmth till hot. Add curry powder, salt, cumin as well as ground red pepper; cook as well as mix One minute. Add onion and garlic clove; cook and mix One minute longer.
- Add potatoes, carrots, bouillon cube and One 1/2 cups from the leftover water. Heat to boiling. Decrease heat to medium; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower as well as bell pepper; include and simmer 4 to 6 moments or even until vegetables tend to be crisp-tender.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 mug water and the flour until sleek. Add to soup pot; cook as well as mix more than medium heat till mixture boils as well as thickens. Steam as well as stir 1 minute. Function more than rice.
Vegetarian Curry is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 servings (2 cups each)