Two cups julienne cut daikon radish (I made use of my personal food processor to cut this)
- One teaspoon kosher salt
- One tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- One teaspoon sweet rice wine (mirin)
- OPTIONAL crushed peanuts
How to make Easy Daikon Salad
- Place the daikon inside a colander/mesh strainer on the dish or the kitchen sink and sprinkle along with salt. Mix nicely. Let sit for 30 minutes. Squeeze away extra water after which rinse well with cold drinking water. Drain.
- In a little soup pot, mix the actual seasoned rice vinegar, sugar as well as rice wine. Cook over medium heat, mixing continuously, until the sugar dissolves (this will only take a few minutes).
- Transfer the actual daikon for an air-tight pot and pour the rice vinegar mixture over. Tremble or stir well to combine. Cool for 20 moments before serving.
- This can shop for up to a few days within the refrigerator, whether it endures that lengthy. If preferred, function topped with crushed peanuts.
Easy Daikon Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour