Spicy Dal Ingredients:
2 cups Daal (Any sort of pulse you desire).
- Water As required
- 1 teaspoon Peppers
- Cinnamon one inch piece
- 6 green chillies
- 1 cup Ghee
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder To taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masalah
- 2 tablespoon Ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Onions (cut to slices)
- 2 Tomatoes(cut into small cubes)
- Lemons(optional) For garnishing
- Mint leaves(optional) for garnishing
- Fresh carder(Dhania) for garnishing(optional)
How to make Pakistani Spicy Dal
- Soak the pulse in water over night.
- Take it in a pot, add water enough to make it tender.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, peppers, cinnamon, and green chillies to it. Boil until the pulse becomes tender and homogeneous with water. Never stir while boiling with any steel utensil otherwise daal will turn hard.
- In a frying pan, take ghee, add onion slices on melting and fry till they get light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to it. After a short while add tomatoes, a pinch of salt, red chillies and fry till the mixture turns into a smooth gravy.
- Add this mixture to the boiling daal and stir with any wooden spoon.
- Dish out and garnish with garam masalah, carder, mint leaves and lemon slices. Serve with rice.