2 large carrots, sliced (make use of Four if the carrots tend to be small)
- One and a halfsmall onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 5-oz cans diced tomatoes (recommended: Muir Glen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb dried brown lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make Slow Cooker Tomato Lentil Soup
- Combine all of the ingredients within the crock of a slow cooker. Prepare on reduced with regard to 10-12 hours, before lentils tend to be sensitive.
Slow Cooker Tomato Lentil Soup is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 8 servings, plus leftovers