Herbal Tea Ingredients:
- 2 slices of fresh ginger root, each about 1/2 inch long
- 1 3 inch sprig of fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest (if you are feeling too sick to grate orange zest, just slice an orange and put it in the tea cup)
- 1 clove
- 1 star anise
How to make Herbal Tea:
- Fill the tea kettle with approximately 1 cup of water and put it on the stove to boil.
- Place the herbs and spices in a large tea ball, or tie them up in a cheesecloth bag.
- Pour boiling water in the cup. Cover the cup with plastic wrap, aluminium foil, or even a clean cloth. The idea is to keep the as much steam in the cup as possible, so that the active chemicals in the herbs are preserved in the tea.
- Allow to steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the tea ball or cheesecloth bag, sweeten with honey, and enjoy!