Coffee Liqueur Drink Ingredients
4 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups vodka (or 2 cups rum if making a Tia Maria)
- 1 cup instant coffee – dry (may substitute with ½ cup fresh ground coffee)
- 1 vanilla bean – whole (may substitute ½ tsp. vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp. caramel coloring (optional).
How to make Coffee Liqueur Drink
- Boil the water and the sugar in a large pot until the sugar dissolves completely (The result is known as a simple syrup).
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and let cool for half an hour before adding in the coffee.
- Add coffee to cooled simple syrup, stirring continuously as you pour the coffee into the cooled liquid.
- In a separate container, combine the vodka or rum with the vanilla, then pour the mixture of simple syrup and coffee into this container.
- When everything is combined, cover the container tightly and store in a cool, dark place for three weeks, remembering to shake it daily.
- At the end of the three weeks strain the vanilla bean and coffee grounds (if the bean and fresh coffee were used to make it) and discard them. The remaining liquid is your fresh coffee flavored liqueur!
- Coffee Liqueur Drink Recipe is ready to serve.