Whole Wheat Donuts Ingredient
3 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- 2/3 cup rapadura (dehydrated cane sugar juice) or sucanat
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Oil for frying (I use palm shortening or coconut oil)
How to make Whole Wheat Donuts
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in eggs, vanilla, milk and melted butter. Knead dough a few minutes to make sure all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to ½ inch thickness. Cut with donut cutter, or biscuit cutter. Heat oil in skillet or electric skillet…enough to cover the bottom of the skillet about ¼ inch. Place donuts into the hot oil to fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle a mixture of rapadura and cinnamon, or sprinkle organic powdered sugar over the hot donuts.
- Whole Wheat Donuts Recipe is ready to serve.