Walnut Snowball Cookies Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, toasted, cooled
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 teaspoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make Walnut Snowball Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons flour mixture to processor; add walnuts. Process until walnuts are finely chopped.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and beat until well blended. Add egg yolk, brandy, and vanilla and beat to blend. Beat in flour mixture. Add walnut mixture; stir with spatula to blend. Using 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie, shape dough into balls; arrange on prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes. Reverse sheets. Bake cookies until brown on bottom, cracked on top and just beginning to color, about 12 minutes longer. Sift remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar thickly over hot cookies and cool on sheets. (Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight between sheets of waxed paper at room temperature.)
- Walnut Snowball Cookies is ready to serve.