1 3/4 cups sugar
- One and a half cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Martha White® Just about all Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups golden raisins or chopped dates
- Two cups coarsely chopped walnuts
How to make Walnut Raisin Pound Cake
- Heat oven to 325°F. Oil as well as flour 10-inch tube skillet. In big bowl, mix sugar as well as butter; beat until gentle as well as cosy. Add vanilla; blend nicely. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well following each add-on.
- Add Two cups of the flour, salt as well as nutmeg; blend nicely. In small bowl, combine raisins as well as leftover 1/4 cup flour; throw in order to layer. Add coated raisins and walnuts; blend well. Spoon batter into greased as well as floured pan.
- Bake from 325°F. with regard to One hour 10 minutes or until toothpick placed in center comes out thoroughly clean. Awesome within pan 10 minutes. Remove from skillet. Awesome One hour or till totally cooled.
Walnut Raisin Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes