Vegan Mango Coconut Cake Ingredients:
Vegan Mango Coconut Cake Recipe
- 2 cups (500 ml) all purpose flour (I used cake flour)
- 2 tsps. (30 ml) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) soft margarine
- ? cup (150 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) clear sweet unflavoured syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) soft margarine
- 1 large mango, sliced
How to make Vegan Mango Coconut Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Grease and flour one 8?×8?×2? / 20cm×20cm×5 cm.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream margarine, adding sugar gradually, blend thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add syrup and vanilla.
- Fold in flour and scrape batter into cake tin. Arrange mango slices on top.
- Sprinkle sugar on top, and dot with butter.
- Bake until done or when skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (approx. 60 – 70 minutes)
- Cut into 16 squares
- Dust with icing sugar before serving