Vanilla Fudge Recipe
Vanilla Fudge Ingredients:
- oil, for greasing
- 300 ml milk
- 350 g caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Conversion Calculator
How to make Vanilla Fudge:
- Grease an 18cm square cake tin.
- Put the milk, sugar and butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat slowly, stirring all the time, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring all the time.
- When the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (115°C on a sugar thermometer), remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with a spoon for a few minutes until it starts to thicken and the gloss disappears.
- Pour into the prepared tin and leave to set at room temperature (do not put it in the fridge).
- Once set, cut the fudge into small squares and store in a sealed container.
Tags fudge vanilla