2 cups sugar
- One and a half cup vegetable oil
- Three cups unsweetened applesauce
- Three 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose or even 4 cups Softasilk cake flour
- 2 tbsps baking cocoa
- Four teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Creamy Butterscotch Frosting (right)
How to make Two-Layer Applesauce Cake
- Warmth oven to 400º. Oil and flour 2 sq . pans, 9x9x2 in .. Defeat sugar and oil within large bowl with electric mixer upon moderate speed; defeat within applesauce. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Progressively defeat in flour combination until batter is sleek. Stir within raisins as well as walnuts. Pour in to cookware.
- Make 15 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 375º. Bake 10 to 15 moments or until tooth- pick inserted within center comes out thoroughly clean. Awesome 5 minutes; remove through pans to wire stand. Cool completely.
- Prepare Creamy Butterscotch Frosting. Fill up levels and frost top as well as sides associated with cake with frosting.
Two-Layer Applesauce Cake is ready to serve.