Trifle Pudding Ingredients
2 dozen lady fingers
- 1 lg. container (12 oz.) whipped topping
- 2 lg. pkgs. vanilla instant pudding
- 2 pts. fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 c. orange or pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries & pecans (opt.)
How to make Trifle Pudding
- If using fresh strawberries, hull, wash, slice and add sugar or sweetener according to taste. Let stand until syrupy.
- Line a trifle bowl with lightly buttered lady fingers around the outside of the bowl. Make the vanilla pudding according to instructions on the package. Sprinkle the lady fingers with orange or pineapple juice, then put a layer of pudding, strawberries and whipped topping. Repeat with a second layer and end with the whipped topping. Maraschino cherries and pecans may be added helter skelter if desired. Refrigerate to chill before serving. Decorate the top with whole strawberries or cherries and pecans. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve with a large long handled spoon so you can get a taste of all layers, top to bottom.
Trifle Pudding is ready to serve.