Recipes for Sweet Recipes
mithai recipesSponsored Links:
Apple Kheer Ingredients:
- 4 Apples ( peeled and grated)
- 1 litre Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 4 Almonds
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 5 Pistas
How to make Apple Kheer:
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- Add sugar to it, stir and cook on a medium flame till the milk gets reduced to half.
- Now add apples to it.
- After first boil, remove from the flame.
- Sprinkle with almonds, cardamom powder and pistas.Refrigerate.
- Apple Kheer is ready.
Apple And Almond Halwa Ingredients:
- 4 Apples (grated)
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 2 inch stick Cinnamon
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Pure Ghee
How to make Apple And Almond Halwa:
- Parboil the almonds and blend to make a paste.
- Heat oil or ghee in a thick bottom pan and add grated apples and sugar to it and cook stirring till the texture begins to change.
- It is essential to add sugar along with the apples, so that the apples do not get completely mashed.
- Add cinnamon sticks and whole green cardamom and stir it well. Add the almond paste and stir cook on high heat for 2-3 min.
- Reduce the flame and add milk powder. Stir and cook on low heat till you get halwa consistency. Serve hot at room temperature.
Anjeer Slice Ingredients:
- 500 gm Dried figs (anjeer), chopped, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 100 gm Khoya, finely crumbled
- 100 gm Almonds & pistachios, each halved
- 300 gm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Silver foil, if desired
How to make Anjeer Slice:
- Drain soaked figs (anjeer) and mash them in a mixie for few seconds.
- Mix crushed figs, khoya and sugar in a non-stick pan.
- Put the pan with mixture on low heat.
- Stir constantly till a soft lump is formed.
- Add cardamom powder and halved nuts in it and mix well.
- Take off the mixture from heat and cool it.
- Place the mixture in a tray and flatten slightly from top.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Cover the pieces with silver foil if desired.
- Now put the mixture tray in refrigerator till the pieces become slightly hard.
- Cut them into half inch thick slices with a sharp knife.
- Decorate with desired dry fruits and serve it.
Ananas Ka Meetha Ingredients:
- 1 medium sized Pineapple (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 cups Khoya (grated)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds (Chironji)
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 15-20 Cashewnuts
How to make Ananas Ka Meetha:
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp of ghee in a wok (kadhai) and sauté the pineapple in it for five minutes until the water evaporates.
- Add sugar and stir till entirely dissolved.
- Now, add in the green cardamom powder to the pineapple and cook for some time.
- In another pan, heat the remaining ghee and add sunflower seeds and cashewnuts. Cook till golden.
- Add it to the pineapple and mix well.
- Add khoya and cook till done.
- Serve hot, garnished with cashew nuts.
- 1 box of Yogart/ Indian Curd 1/2 Ltr
- 1.5 cup grounded sugar
- 1/2 cup grated mango (do not use mango pulp)
- 1 tb spoon pista crushed
- 1 tb spoon badam crushed
- 1 tb spoon charoli
- 1/4 spoon ilachi-jaifal powder
- safaron/kesar for color
How to make Amrakhand:
- Take thin cloth and put yogart/ curd tightly in that cloth for whole night.
- Next morning, remove yogart and add all other ingrediences and keep sterring for 10 mins unless it is properly mixed.
- Store in freeze and serve cold
- 1 Kg Mangoes
- 1/2 Kg Jaggery
- Cinnamon stick
How to make Ambakalya:
- Peel the mangoes and cut into pieces.
- Cut jaggery into small pieces.
- Cook mango slices till they turn soft.
- Mix jaggery and water.
- Boil it till jaggery gets melted.
- Add mango slices and cinnamon stick.
- Cook it covered over medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Now cook it uncovered till it turns to thick syrup.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Ambakalya is ready.
Almond Til Chikki Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup grated Gur (jaggery)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced Badam (almond)
- 1/4 cup Til (sesame seeds)
- 1½ tsp Ghee
How to make Almond Til Chikki:
- Take a tawa and heat it.
- Put the sesame seeds and roast them till they turn brown. Keep them aside and allow them to cool.
- Now put the sliced almonds in the tawa and roast them. Keep them separately.
- Take a separate pan or kadhai and heat the ghee in it.
- Add jaggery to the melted ghee and keep stirring till it melts and caramelizes.
- Now remove the melted jaggery from the flame and immediately add the roasted almonds and sesame seeds.
- Keep stirring so that the almond and sesame seeds properly get mixed with the jaggery.
- Now take a thali(plate) and grease it with ½ teaspoon ghee.
- Put the already prepared jaggery and til mixture on the thali and spread it evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then cut it into square shapes.
- Store the yummy Almond Til Chikkis in an airtight jar.
Almond Seera Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cup Almonds (soaked overnight)
- 3 cups Hot Milk
- 250 gms Ghee
- 1/2 cup Sugar
How to make Almond Seera:
- Peel off the almonds and wash.
- Grind to make fine paste.
- Fry the paste in ghee.
- The paste should become light brown.
- Gradually pour warm milk and stir.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add sugar and cook again.
- Keep stirring till ghee gets separated.
- Almond Seera is ready to serve.
Agra Ka Petha Ingredients:
- 1 kg Ash Gourd (Petha) (peeled and cut)
- 1 tsp Alum Powder (Phitkari)
- 750 g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make Agra Ka Petha:
- Take the ash gourd pieces and prick it with a fork.
- Place the pieces in a large pan filled with water and add alum powder to it. Boil it for fifteen minutes and take off from heat. Drain and wash it thoroughly under cold water.
- In a pan, take one cup of water and add sugar to it and cook it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice to the sugar syrup and lower the flame and add the cooked ash gourd to it.
- Cook till the ash gourd is completely cooked and the sugar syrup is thread like consistency.
- Take off from heat and arrange the pethas in a tray, so that they do not stick to each other.
- Allow it to cool completely.
Coconut Rice Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups cold unsalted cooked rice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to make Coconut Rice Pudding:
Simmer rice, milk, coconut milk, sugar, and salt, uncovered, in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 40 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm.