Recipes for Sweet Recipes
mithai recipesSponsored Links:
Pista Barfi Ingredients:
- 400 gms Pistachios (kernels removed)
- 250 gms Sugar
- Water (for sugar syrup) as required
- 7-8 Leaves edible silver foil (varakh)
How to make Pista Burfi:
- Blanch the pistachios in boiling water.
- Drain the water & remove peels.
- Make a dry paste of the blanched and peeled Pistachios without using water.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Mix the pistachio paste with the syrup and keep on stirring until it becomes solid.
- Now spread out the silver foil (varakh), and cut it into square pieces.
- Pista Barfi is ready.
Motichoor Ladoo Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup milk (doodh)
- 1tblsp pistachios (pista)
- few drops orange (santra) colour
- pure ghee for frying
- 1tblsp raisins (kishmish)
- a pinch baking powder
- 1/2 kg sugar (cheeni)
- 1/2 kg bengal gram flour (besan)
How to make motichoor ladoo:
- Sieve gram flour with baking powder so that it mixes well.
- Mix in 2 tblsp of melted ghee and enough water to make a batter of thick consistency.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai and with a perforated (holes) spoon drop boondis in ghee.
- Rub the batter on the spoon with holes so that small drops of batter drop in oil, simultaneously tap the spoon on the rim of kadhai also.
- Fry boondis till golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- Meanwhile make three string (3 tar ki chashni) consistency sugar syrup mix in colour.
- Put the fried boondis in this syrup, mix in the raisins and cut pistachios.
- When mixture cools down slightly use buttered hands to make ladoos.
Moong Dal Sheera Ingredients:
- 2 Cups soaked Moong Dal
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup khoya
- 2 Cups ghee
- 1/2 Cup mixed dry fruits (Almonds, Cashewnuts, and Raisins)
How to make Moong Dal Halwa:
- Grind the soaked dal using little water to make a paste.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Heat ghee and add moong dal paste to it.
- Stir it properly.
- Reduce the flame, add milk to it and cook until the milk thickens.
- Add sugar syrup to the moong dal and mix it well.
- Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add khoya till it dissolves.
- Adorn it with dry fuits.
- Moong Dal Halwa is ready.
- 3 Cups gram flour (besan)
- 400 gm Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup ghee or butter
- Dry fruits for garnishing
How to make Mohanthal:
- Combine milk and besan in a thali and keep it for half an hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast besan on low flame for 12 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and cook for 15 minutes, stir it until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the mixture from fire and place in a greased plate and garnish it with dry fruits.
- Cut into desired shapes when cool.
Lauki Burfi Ingredients:
- 2 cups Lauki (grated)
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 cup Khoya
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 tsp Green color
How to make Lauki Burfi:
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- Add the grated lauki in boiling milk.
- When half of the milk is left, add khoya, sugar and color.
- When the froth starts leaving the side of the vessel, transfer it in an pre-greased aluminium tray.
- Add cardamom and cut it into pieces after an hour.
- Lauki Ki Burfi is ready.
Kesari Sweet Ingredients:
- Rava(semolina) -1 cup
- Sugar-1 1/4 cups
- Cashew nuts and raisins -3 tbsp (fried in ghee)
- Pineapple or any essence-1/4 tsp
- Orange edible food color- a pinch
- salt a pinch
- Ghee- 1/2 cup
- Cardamon- 4 to 5(well crushed)
How to make Kesari Sweet:
- Pour few tsp of ghee in a hard bottom vessel,roast rava till it turns light brown,keep aside.
- Again add the remaining ghee,heat a little,add cardamon,cashews,raisins fry till nice golden brown.
- Add water,salt food color,when it starts boiling add the rava(semolina),and stir well without any lumps.cook on low flame for a minute.
- Now add the sugar slowly, just the way you added the rava, so it blends in well.
- Keep stirring, feel the consistency loosening by itself (the sugar gives out water).
- Now add 1/4 tsp cardamon powder,essence keep stirring once again till the kesari thickens.
- Pour the ghee generously,and stir well.Don’t let it stick to the bottom.
- The ghee starts oozing out on the sides.That’s the perfect time to turn off the flame.you can also add bits of any fruit of your choice.TRANSFER THE KESARI TO A GHEE COATED PLATE,PRESS EVENLY,AND SET TO COOL.
- When it s cool cut into any shapes you like.Or serve as such.
- This recipe seems to be easy,but it requires lot of practice and patience to bring in the right consistency.The measurement is the main in this recipe.If all gets right you get the most simple and relishing sweet for a sumptuous meal.
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Citric acid
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (pista, almonds)
How to make Kalakand:
- Dissolve citric acid in water.
- Boil 1 litre of milk in a pan.
- Add citric acid solution as it comes to boil.
- Once the chenna settles, sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take in a plate and press down.
- Now put the remaining milk to boil.
- Add cheena and boil till it turns thick
- Now add sugar and cook till the mixture turns lumpy.
- Spread it over a greased plate, allow to cool and sprinkle chopped nuts.
- Once set, cut it into square pieces and serve.
Kala Jamun Ingredients:
- 500 gms Milk Solids (khoya)
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese (paneer)
- 3 tblsp Refined Flour (maida)
- 1/4 tsp Soda Bi-carbonate
- 3 cup Sugar
- 11/2 cup Water
- 2 tblsp Castor Sugar
- Pure Gheefor frying
How to make kala jamun:
- Grate paneer and khoya . Sieve flour with soda bicarbonate.
- Mix these ingredients and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Make sugar syrup using 1 1/2 cups water and sugar. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough in equal portions and make round balls.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, spread castor sugar on a tray, roll the dough balls on the castor sugar and deep fry on medium heat.
- Temperature should not be very high or else the kala jams will remain uncooked from inside.
- Drain when evenly cooked and dark brown in colour and transfer to the sugar syrup.
- Let them soak for 15 minutes before serving.
Coconut Kheer Ingredients:
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup boiled milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp rice
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 5 pistachios crushed coarsely
- 10 almonds crushed coarsely
How to make Coconut Kheer:
- Bring to boil the coconut milk
- Add rice, and let it cook fully
- Add boiled milk
- Let the mixture be semi-solid
- Add sugar and stir till sugar dissolves
- Add remaining ingredients
- Serve hot
Coconut Fudge Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3.5 cups sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut extract/flavoring
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
How to make Coconut Fudge:
- Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and butter. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the butter melts. Brush down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming.
- Insert a candy thermometer and bring the candy to a boil. Continue to cook the fudge, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer reaches 238 degrees.
- Once the candy is at 238 degrees, remove the pan from the heat and remove the candy thermometer. Set the candy aside to cool for 20 minutes, or until it reaches about 110 degrees. Do not stir the candy during this time, or you will form sugar crystals that will cause the candy to become grainy.
- Once the candy is barely warm, add the vanilla and coconut extracts and begin the stir the fudge vigorously with a wooden spoon. As you continue to stir the fudge, it will begin to thicken and lose its gloss. When the fudge has thickened and become opaque, add the coconut and stir about one minute more, or until it is quite thick. This process will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Alternately, you can use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, but watch carefully as it is very easy to overbeat fudge in an electric mixer.
- Once the fudge has thickened, scrape it into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Let the fudge set at room temperature for several hours.
- Once the fudge has set, pull it out of the pan using the foil as handles. Cut it into small one-inch squares to serve. Store remaining fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.