Recipes for Sweet Recipes
mithai recipesSponsored Links:
- 250 grams green gram
- 250 grams sugar
- A pinch of yellow color
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 1 cup dried milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sliced pistachios
- Silver paper as required
How to make Moong ki Daal ki Mithai
- Firstly, soak 250 grams green gram for an hour.
- Slightly boil and chop it in a chopper. In a pan, heat 1 cup clarified butter cook chopped gram on medium flame.
- Cook 250 grams sugar in ½ cup water and from thick syrup.
- Then add it to lentils and cook on low flame until water dries up.
- Now add ½ tsp vanilla essence, a pinch f yellow color, ½ tsp cardamom powder and 1 cup milk powder and mix.
- Grease a tray and spread the mixture on it.
- Garnish with 2 tbsp sliced pistachios and silver paper.
Moong ki Daal ki Mithai is ready to serve.
Indonesian Sweet Martabak Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
How to make Indonesian Sweet Martabak:
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Adjust water amount to make a slightly runny batter and let sit on the counter for 3 hours. It will thicken up.
- Finely chop the chocolate (good quality works best).
- Finely chop the peanuts (salted works best).
- Spray a nonstick skillet or griddle and cook the batter pancake style (makes 2), flipping once.
- When cooked, butter the top.
- Pour generous amount of sweetened condensed milk over top and sprinkle with chocolate and nuts.
- Fold in half like a taco.
- Cut into strips and serve warm.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings Ingredients:
- 6 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1 1/2 cups Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
How to make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings:
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 8 to 12 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. (You can deep fry or bake the chicken instead if you want to, but it is best when grilled.) Remove chicken to a large roasting pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the hot sauce, butter, honey, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer about 10 minutes, until blended and heated through. Pour the sauce over the grilled chicken wings and stir to coat.
Easy sweet & sour chicken Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (juice reserved)
- 2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 drops orange food color
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
How to make Easy sweet & sour chicken:
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange food coloring. Heat to boiling. Turn off heat. Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; slowly stir into saucepan. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, salt, white pepper, and egg. Add 1 1/2 cups water gradually to make a thick batter. Stir to blend thoroughly. Add chicken pieces, and stir until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry chicken pieces in hot oil until golden. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, layer green peppers, pineapple chunks, and cooked chicken pieces on a platter. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over top.
Malai Barfi Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 250 gms. paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2-3 drops kewra essence
- 1/4 tsp. yellow colour
How to make Malai Barfi:
- Mash paneer.
- Add condensed milk and cook on slow flame, stirring continously.
- Cook till thick and sides leave.
- Add essence and remove from flame.
- Mix well.
- Pour on plate. Cool.
- Cut into different shapes.
- Sprinkle powdered elaichi and decorate.
Banana Kheer Ingredients:
- 1 cup chana dal (8 ounces)
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- saffron to taste
- cardamon powder to taste
- sugar to taste
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- dry coconut flakes for garnish
- cashew nuts and raisins to taste
How to make chana dal banana kheer:
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in pan on medium heat.
- Add raisins and cashew nuts and roast lightly.
- Set aside for garnish. Boil chana dal and 2 cups milk until dal is over cooked (soft) so that it can be mashed.
- After this mixture is mashed, add evaporated milk, remaining milk, saffron, cardamon powder and sugar to taste.
- Add the cut banana pieces and boil all of this together to the desired consistency, stirring constantly to prevent milk from cooking over sides of pan.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, roasted cashew nuts and raisins. Serve hot or cold.
Til Ladoo Ingredients:
- 2 cups white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup soft jaggery
- 1 tsp ghee
How to make Til Ladoo:
- Roast sesame seeds and peanuts separately
- Let it cool
- Crush the peanuts
- Mash jaggery till soft.
- Put in a large heavy pan.
- Add ghee and heat, till it melts and starts bubbling.
- Add peanuts and sesame seeds, take off fire.
- Mix well till well blended.
- While still hot, shape into pingpong ball size ladoos, with moist hands (apply ghee on your hands).
- Allow to cool completely, before storing in airtight container.
Til Burfi Ingredients:
- 1 cup Til(sesame seed)
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1 cup Jaggery
How to make Til Burfi:
- Roast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet.
- Grind them coarsely in a blender.
- Now heat the jaggery in a thick bottomed vessel till it melts completely.
- Mix all the ingredients along with grounded sesame seeds in a glass dish.
- Microwave the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Grease a tray with butter and leave aside.
- Stir the mixture properly and microwave again for 3 minutes.
- Remove it when bubbling starts.
- Stir till it becomes thick.
- Spread the mixture on greased tray.
- Cut in squares when cool.
- Til Burfi is ready.
Rava Ladoo Ingredients:
- 1 cup semolina (rava / suji)
- 1 cup sugar (cheeni)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tblsp currants (kishmish)
- 1 tblsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 3 tsp pure ghee
How to make rava ladoo:
- Cut the cashew nuts.
- Wash and dry the currants.
- Heat up a little ghee and lightly fry them.
- Keep aside.
- Heat up ghee in a deep pot and fry the semolina (suji) on low heat up till it turns light brown in colour.
- Then mix in sugar and milk and stir fry till the mixture becomes sticky.
- Mix in the cashew nuts and raisins to the mixture.
- Take off the pot from heat up and form the dough into small balls.
- Serve when cool and dry.
- 1/2 Litre milk
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Rose essence or cardamom powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
How to make Rasgulla:
- Take a pan and heat milk in it. Bring it to a boil.
- Add lemon juice, stirring slowly and gently till cheese separates from the milk.
- Now turn off the heat and strain it through a strainer.
- Make sure all the water from the cheese is drained.
- Now knead it to make soft dough.
- Combine flour with it and knead again.
- Make small rounded balls from the dough, keep aside.
- The balls should not have any cracks in it.
- Now combine sugar and water in a saucepan and boil it.
- Add cheese balls to the syrup and cook it for about 30 minutes with lid partially covered.
- Add rose essence or cardamom powder and turn the heat off.
- Allow to cool and serve .