Sweet Boondi Ingredients:
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 6-8 Almonds (chopped)
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Ghee to deep fry
How to make Sweet Boondi:
- To make sugar syrup, first boil the sugar and water together in a vessel. Once sugar is dissolved completely and the syrup becomes a little sticky, put off the flame and keep aside.
- Take gram flour in a vessel and occasionally add water to it. Make sure that the batter doesn’t get too thin.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, hold a perforated spoon a little above the hot ghee and pour some batter on the spoon.
- Tap very lightly at edge of spoon to allow small droplets to fall in the ghee. Pour back remaining batter and wipe spoon.
- Stir the boondis in the ghee gently and fry till crisp but not brown.
- Now take out the boondi and drain off the excess oil.
- Now put the boondi in the sugar syrup. Keep it for 3-4 minutes before taking out from the syrup.
- Now spread the boondis on a wide plate; add cardamom powder, almonds and mix gently.
- Allow to cool completely and loosen the boondi with finger till each droplet separates.
- Boondi can be eaten fresh, or can be stored in an airtight container.