- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs, (5 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup raisins
- One and a half cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied citron
- Two teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Amber Sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or even granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or even margarine
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
How to make Steamed Plum Pudding
- Generously grease bottom as well as side of 4-cup heatproof mildew. In large bowl, pour milk over bread crumbs. Mix within reducing as well as molasses until nicely mixed. Mix within remaining pudding ingredients until nicely blended. Pour into mold. Include with foil.
- Place mold on stand in Saucepan. Pour in cooking water up to level of stand. Cover as well as heat in order to boiling. Keep drinking water cooking over reduced warmth regarding Three hours or even until toothpick placed in middle arrives clean. (In the event that adding water during piping-hot is necessary, uncover and quickly include boiling water.)
- In 1 1/2-quart soup pot, blend just about all sauce ingredients. Prepare more than reduced heat Five moments, stirring occasionally.
- Unmold pudding; reduce in to slices. Function warm with sauce.
Steamed Plum Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 8 servings