Stained Glass Cookies Ingredients
1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Assorted brightly colored, hard candies
- 1 (2 to 3-inch) star cookie cutter
- Special Equipment: 1 small triangle cookie cutter
How to make Stained Glass Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the sugar and butter until smooth. Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Remove the dough from the mixer and press into a rectangular shape. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut dough into 1/3. Roll out dough, 1 piece at a time to a 3/16-inch thickness. Cut out as many large stars as possible. Repeat with all of the dough. Cut a small triangle out of each the arms on each star.
- Place the hard candy, by color, into small plastic bags. Place a towel over the bags and crush the candy with a meat mallet. Place all of the cookies on parchment lined sheet pans. In each of the
- triangle holes, fill with different colors of crushed hard candy. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown, and the candy has melted.
- Stained Glass Cookies is ready to serve.
Prep 25 min
Inactive Prep 1 hr 0 min
Cook 15 min
Total: 1 hr 40 min