Sour Cream Coffee Cake Ingredients
1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Mix in 2 cups
flour, baking powder, and salt. Spread 1/2 of batter in the prepared pan.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium bowl mix 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar, 2
tablespoons melted butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle cake batter with 1/2 the filling.
Spread second half of batter over the filling, and top with remaining filling.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted near
the center comes out clean.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:55 Min