Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake Ingredients
2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
How to make Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Set rack in the middle of the oven. Butter and flour a 9 1/2 inch springform pan, and tap out excess flour.
- Place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, and stir it as smooth as possible with a
rubber spatula. Stir the sugar and flour together thoroughly into the ricotta. Stir in the eggs 1 at a time. Blend in the vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt. Pour
batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until a light golden color. Make sure the center is fairly firm, and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the
center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools. Cover, and
chill till serving time.
Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake is ready to serve.