Shakarkandi ki Kheer Recipe
Shakarkandi ki Kheer Ingredients:
- 1 sweet potato, boiled and grated thick
- 3 cups whole Milk / 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 6 tblsp Sugar – Adjust it according to taste
- 1/2 tsp powdered cardamom
- a pinch of saffron – optional
- 1 tblsp chopped nuts – Cashews, Almonds and Raisins – optional
How to make Shakarkandi ki Kheer:
- Add milk/half and half to a pan and bring to a boil. If using whole milk, simmer and let it thicken till it becomes 3/4-1/2 in volume. If using half and half (which is already thicked), simmer for about 5-10 min. Keep stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t burn at the bottom of the pan. Remember that as the kheer cools it thickens a little more.
- Add grated sweet potato and boil for another 5 min.
- Stir in sugar, cardomom and saffron.
- Cool before serving. Some people like it hot/warm. Before serving top with chopped nuts.
Tags kheer shakarkandi