- 6 slices of White Bread (or any bread of your choice.)
- Pistachios (Pistay) (preferred amount)
- Almonds (Baadaam) (preferred amount)
- Seeds from 5 Cardamom Pods (Choti Ilaichi)
- Khoya or Ricotta Cheese (preferred amount)
- 5 tbsp. Sugar
- A dash of Yellow Food Color
- Rose Water Essence (Kevera)
- 4 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- 1 liter of Whole Milk
how to make Shahi Tukra
- Heat oil in a frying pan and when oil is well hot, fry the slices of white bread until it is lightly brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Heat milk in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Add cardamom seeds, sugar and yellow color into milk and cook until milk thickens well. Add rose water essence, mix and remove from heat.
- Arrange the fried bread slices in a deep pan or deep tray. Pour milk mixture over the bread slices. Garnish with khoya or ricotta cheese, pistachios and almonds and serve.