3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- One and a half cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- One and a half teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Three eggs
- One and a half container (One pound) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon chocolate-flavored syrup
- One and a half box (4 oz) waffle ice cream bowls (Ten bowls)
- One and a half box (Five ounce) Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® chewy fruit snack rolls (6 rolls)
How to make Scarecrow Cake
- Heat oven in order to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted pipe cake skillet with shortening; lightly flour. In big bowl, beat all elements except frosting, syrup, waffle bowls and fruit snack along with electrical mixer upon reduced pace Thirty seconds, scraping dish constantly. Defeat on high-speed 3 moments, scraping dish from time to time. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 in order to 55 moments or till toothpick placed in the center arrives thoroughly clean. Cool Ten minutes; eliminate through pan in order to air conditioning stand. Cool totally, about 2 hrs.
- Place cake upon serving plate. Stir with each other frosting as well as syrup; book 1/4 cup of the frosting. Spread leftover frosting over cake. For hay hat, location 1 waffle dish upside down in center associated with dessert. Stack Five much more bowls upon very first bowl.
- For locks, cut fruit snack in to Fourteen (6-inch) strips as well as 14 (5-inch) strips. Reduce every strip lengthwise to inside 1 inch associated with surface of strip. Location 1 6-inch as well as 5-inch remove together, pressing together from uncut finishes. Repeat along with remaining pieces. Randomly push pairs of strips on top of two-thirds of cake, overlapping when needed as well as allowing strips to hold more than aspect associated with dessert. Distribute reserved 1/4 cup frosting over surface of locks.
- For top of cap, break leftover waffle bowls in to 5 or 6 items every. Randomly press waffle items on top of dessert, overlapping as well as tucking pieces as needed. Allow waffle items to hang more than side associated with cake and over fruit snack pieces. Cut bits of leftover fruit snack with regard to eyes and nasal area; press upon dessert.
Scarecrow Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 24 servings