Rava Kesari INGREDIENTS
Bombay Rava – 1 cup.
- Sugar – 2 cups.
- Ghee – 1 cup.
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Food color (saffron or red color) – a pinch
- Water – 2 1/2 cups.
- Cashew nuts – 8
How to make Rava Kesari
- Heat 1 tsp. of ghee in a frying pan and add rava to it and fry till the fresh smell of the rava goes off.
- Keep the roasted rava aside.
- Boil 2 1/2 cups of water for 10 minutes.Then add the roasted rava into it and let it boil for another 10 minutes.
- Now, add sugar to it ,stir well and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Keep on pouring ghee in small quantities every now and then until the mixture becomes solid.
- Remove from heat and cardamom powder.
- Fry chopped cashew nuts in 2 tsps. of ghee and add these fried nuts to the mixture prepared above.
- Thus,Rava kesari is ready to be served.
- Serve hot or cold.
Rava Kesari is ready to serve.