Quick Coffee Cake Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Quick Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the
shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well, then stir in the milk and vanilla.
Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir carefully until just
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of cake. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Quick Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min