3 cups all-purpose flour
- One and a half teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Two 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Five large eggs
- One and a half mug milk or evaporated milk
- Powdered sugar, if desired
How to make Pound Cake
- Heat oven in order to 350°F. Grease base, aspect as well as tube associated with 10×4-inch angel food dessert pan (tube skillet), 12-cup fluted pipe cake pan or even 2 9×5-inch loaf pans with shortening; gently flour.
- In moderate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; put aside. Within large bowl, defeat granulated sugar, butter, vanilla as well as eggs with electric mixer upon reduced speed Thirty seconds, scraping dish continuously. Defeat upon high speed Five minutes, scraping dish from time to time. Defeat flour mixture in to sugar mixture at the same time with milk upon low pace, beating just until smooth after every addition. Put in to skillet(s).
- Bake angel meals or fluted pipe cake pan One hour Ten minutes to at least one hr 20 minutes, lf cookware Fifty five to 60 minutes, or even till toothpick inserted within center arrives clean. Cool Twenty minutes; remove from pan(s) in order to cable stand. Awesome totally, a couple of hrs. Sprinkle along with powdered sugar.
Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Servings: 24 servings