Pomegranate Mousse Recipe
Pomegranate Mousse Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peeled and deseeded pomegranate
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1 package of 1/4 oz. (7 g) plain gelatine
- 2 egg* whites
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar*
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) mint leaf
- fresh strawberries for garnish
How to make Pomegranate Mousse:
- In a small saucepan, mix the sugar, water and pomegranate seeds.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Reduce to a purée, strain, add the dissolved gelatine (follow the package instructions) and set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites stiffly with the sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the whipping cream stiffly. Add the pomegranate coulis, lemon zest and mint.
- Beat again to make the mixture stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the whipped cream.
- Pour the mousse into the dessert goblets. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish each mousse with some pomegranate seeds, strawberries and mint leaves.
Tags mousse Pomegranate