Pineapple Mojo Cake Ingredients
1 (125 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Pineapple Mojo Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8 inch round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing the water with
reserved pineapple juice. In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and
cinnamon. Stir in the pineapple and nuts.
- Divide the pineapple mixture evenly between the prepared pans, then cover each
pineapple layer with the cake mix batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the
center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cakes for 5 minutes, then turn one layer out onto a plate scraping off any pineapple that may be stuck. Next, invert second cake layer onto the first so there is pineapple in the middle and on top of the cake. May be served warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Pineapple Mojo Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:45 Min