1/2 cup shortening
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- Three egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- One and a halfteaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Three tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 may (Eight oz .) crushed pineapple
- One and a halftablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Two egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- One and a halfteaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Pineapple Layer Cake
- In a big dish, cream shortening and sugar until gentle and cosy. Add egg yolks and egg, one at a time, defeating nicely following every add-on. Defeat within vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed combination alternately with buttermilk, defeating nicely after each add-on.
- Put into 2 greased and floured 9-in. spherical baking cookware. Make from 350° with regard to 30-35 minutes or even till the toothpick placed close to the center arrives thoroughly clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing through cookware to wire shelves.
- Inside a large soup pot, combine the actual sugar, cornstarch and salt. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple in order to pan. Add water in order to juice to calculate 3/4 cup; put into skillet as well as blend nicely. Provide the boil over moderate warmth; prepare as well as mix for 2 moments. Remove from the warmth. Add butter as well as lemon juice. Cool totally.
- For icing, in a heavy soup pot, mix the actual sugar, egg whites, water as well as cream associated with tartar over low heat. With a hands mixer, beat on reduced pace for 1 minute. Carry on defeating on reduced over reduced heat till icing reaches 160°, about 8-10 moments.
- Pour into a large dish; add vanilla. Beat on high until icing forms stiff highs, regarding 7 minutes; set icing aside.
- Set aside another of the filling up. Distribute leftover filling up between cake layers. Spread reserved filling out a 4-in. circle in the center of top layer. Ice the edges of cake and around the filling on the top. Yield: 12 servings.
Pineapple Layer Cake is ready to serve.