Peppermint Meringue Cookies Ingredients:
3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peppermint candy, crushed (recommend star peppermints)
How to make Peppermint Meringue Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In bowl, egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt, beat to soft peaks.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Beat until mixture forms stiff shiny peaks.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons for crushed candy for sprinkling on top.
- Gently fold remaining candy into egg white mixture.
- Drop egg mixture by tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with the reserved candy.
- Bake at 300 degrees until cookies just begin to brown and feel crisp when touched (they should be very light) about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Peppermint Meringue Cookies is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins