Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies Ingredients:
1 ½ cups Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Authentic Foods Xanthan Gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Authentic Foods Vanilla Powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (if using vanilla extract, add vanilla extract to the slightly beaten egg before adding to the cookie dough)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 6 ounces your favorite dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 regular size candy canes crushed (put the candy canes in a plastic bag and use some tool with a flat surface to smash the candy canes)
- 2 ounces white chocolate, cut up into a few pieces
How to make Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13” x 9” x 2” pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend Flour, Authentic Foods Xanthan Gum, and salt together. In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Then add in the flour mixture and the egg. Mix until even throughout and until a cookie dough forms.
- Pour the cookie dough into the pan and spread it using a spatula to take up the entire pan (spray cooking spray on the spatula so the cookie dough doesn’t stick to the spatula). Use a fork to pierce the dough all over. Then bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or the cookies become a light golden brown.
- Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, sprinkle the chocolate on the cookie. Let it sit for about 3 minutes. Then use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the cookie. Follow by sprinkling the crushed candy cane pieces on top of the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for a minute and 15 seconds. Then stir the white chocolate. If the white chocolate is not completely melted, put it back in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds (be careful not to burn the chocolate). Then use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate all over the cookie. Chill the cookie in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Bake/Cook Time: 25 – 30 Minutes