Pecan Meringue Cookies Ingredients
1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown granulated sugar, regular light brown sugar, or
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
How to make Pecan Meringue Cookies
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg white until stiff and gradually add the sugar, salt, and desired spice. Beat until the mixture looks shiny. Stir in the nuts.
- Using two spoons, place full teaspoons of the mixture on the sheet, leaving 1 1/2 inches between each cookie. Flatten out the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cookies appear dry on top. Use a spatula to gently remove the warm cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in a sealed jar.
- Pecan Meringue Cookies is ready to serve.