Peanut Butter Fudge Cake Ingredients
18 1/4 ounce Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 ea Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 cups Chocolate covered peanut butter cups chopped (about 8
ounces) plus more for ganish
- 8 ounce Dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
How to make Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat two 9″ round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; coat paper.
- In large bowl, beat first four ingredients on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as necessary. Fold in chopped peanut butter cups.
- Divide batter between pans and bake for about 34 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Turn out cakes and cool completely, removing wax paper immediately.
- Place chopped dark chocolate in pyrex bowl. Heat cream just to a boil and pour over chocolate, whisking until chocolate melts. Add peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
- Trim top of cake layers flat. Place one layer on cooling rack and place on baking sheet. Pour 1 cup frosting on top; spread evenly with spatula. Top with other layer. Pour remaining frosting over top, allowing to spill over sides. Smooth top and sides with spatula. Refrigerate one hour to set. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with additional chopped peanut butter cups. (Trim just around perimeter for a pretty effect).
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cake is ready to serve.