Papaya Halwa Ingredients:
- Ripe papaya (cut into small pieces) – 2 tea cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashewnuts – few
How to make Papaya Halwa:
- In a kadai put one teaspoon ghee and fry the cashew nuts and keep it. Same kadai put the rice flour and fry slightly and remove it.
- Boil milk and cool it. Add fried rice flour to the cold milk and stir well. Keep aside. (Rice flour is added to get the halwa thicken quickly). Use thick milk.
- Put the papaya pieces in a mixie and grind it to a smooth puree.
- Pour this puree in a thick bottomed vessel and stir continuously for seven to ten minutes.
- Then add sugar and mix well. Taste it for sweetness now and if require you can add little more sugar.
- Stir continuously till it blends well with the puree.
- Now add milk and stir continously for five to ten minutes.
- Add one or two teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Keep it on medium flame and stir continuusly adding little ghee now and then till it leaves the sides of the vessel and become thick.
- Add cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts and mix well.
- Remove from stove and transfer it to a greased plate or bowl.