Molasses Sugar Cookies Ingredients
3/4 cup melted shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make Molasses Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend the shortening, sugar, molasses and egg. Add the baking soda, flour, clove, ginger, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool on a flat surface.
- Molasses Sugar Cookies is ready to serve.