Mango Pudding with Condensed Milk Ingredients:
Mango Pudding with Condensed Milk Recipe
- 6 mangoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Topping: Sweetened Condensed Milk Chantilly or 1/2 cup evaporated milk (optional)
How to make Mango Pudding with Condensed Milk:
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, and sauté 5 minutes or until mango is very soft.
- Add sugar, and continue cooking, stirring and scraping bottom of saucepan frequently, 12 to 15 minutes or until thick and syrupy with a few chunks of mango remaining. (Do not let sugar caramelize or brown.) Remove from heat, and cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl, and let soften 3 to 5 minutes. Stir softened gelatin into mango mixture until dissolved. Add cream, and stir until blended.
- Divide mixture among 10 (4-ounce) ramekins or serving bowls. Chill, uncovered, 3 hours or until set. Serve cold, topped with Sweetened Condensed Milk Chantilly or evaporated milk, if desired.