Macaroni Pudding Ingredients
1.1lt (2 pints) Milk
- 65g (2½oz) Macaroni
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Brandy.
- ½ Lemon, rind only
- Sugar and Grated Nutmeg, to taste
How to make Macaroni Pudding
- Put the macaroni into a saucepan, with 600ml (1 pint) of milk, the lemon peel and let it simmer gently until the macaroni is tender.
- Put into a pie dish without the peel.
- Mix the remaining milk with the eggs stirring well.
- Add the sugar and brandy and pour the mixture over the macaroni.
- Grate a little nutmeg over the top.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- To make this pudding look nice, a paste should be laid round the edges of the dish and for variety, a layer of preserve or marmalade may be placed on the macaroni, in this case omit the brandy.
Macaroni Pudding is ready to serve.
Time: 45 minutes
Baking Time: 30 min
Sufficient for 5 or 6 persons.