- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One and a half cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Four eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- One and a half cup shredded zucchini (regarding One and a halfmedium),
- squeezed to drain
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- One and a half tbs half-and-half
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- One and a half teaspoon grated lemon peel
How to make Lemon-Zucchini Pound Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake skillet with reducing; lightly flour.
- In medium dish, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt along with spoon; set aside.
- In large bowl, defeat 1 cup butter with electrical mixer upon medium pace a couple of moments or until rich and creamy. Defeat by 50 percent cups powdered sugar. Add eggs, individually, defeating nicely after each addition. Add flour mixture in order to butter combination alternately with milk, beating well upon low speed following each add-on. Defeat on reduced speed One minute. Mix in lemon juice, lemon peel and zucchini. Spoon in to pan.
- Bake 50 to An hour or even until toothpick inserted within middle arrives thoroughly clean. Cool 15 minutes within pan. Eliminate through skillet onto serving plate. Awesome totally, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In 1-quart saucepan, warmth just about all glaze elements simply to boiling more than medium heat, stirring constantly; eliminate from heat. Allow stand 30 minutes till somewhat thickened. Drizzle over cake.
Lemon-Zucchini Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
Servings: 16 servings