- Milk, full cream 5 1/2 cups / 1 lt
- Cream 1 1/2 cups / 250 ml
- Sugar 1 2/3 cups / 250 gm
- Bread, white 1
- Almonds (badam), blanched, Peeled, roughly ground 20
- Pistachios (pista) 1/2 cup
- Green cardamoms (choti elaichi), crushed 4
- Saffron (kesar), soaked for 10 minutes a few strands
how to make Kulfi Ice Cream Recipe
- Pour the milk in a thick-bottomed pan, simmer till the milk is reduced to half its original quantity.
- Cool and add cream, sugar, bread, almonds, pistachios, green cardamoms, and saffron, mix well.
- Pour into conical kulfi moulds and seal tightly with silver foil.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Just prior to serving, remove the moulds from the freezer.
- Dip the bottom of the moulds in hot water just for a second, to loosen the sides, and then invert on to serving plates.
- Serve with faluda (cornflour vermicelli).
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 12 Hrs