Ingredients for Jalebi
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads, slowly dry-roasted and powdered
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp kewra water
- ghee or oil for frying
How to make Jalebi Recipe
- Mix the flour, semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd and 3/4th cup of the water in a bowl.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Mix well and then add remaining water and 1/8th tsp of saffron powder, and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
- Whisk thoroughly before use.
- Prepare string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Pour the batter in a steady stream into the pan to form coils.
- Make a few at a time.
- Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
- Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
- Jalebi is ready to eat.
Tags indian jalebi pakistani recipes quick sweets