Huckleberry Jam Recipe
Huckleberry Jam Ingredients:
- 2-1/2 Pints ripe huckleberries, cleaned
- 4 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1-3/4 Ounces fruit pectin
How to make Huckleberry Jam:
- Wash and crush huckleberries and place them, in a sauce pan.
- Combine lemon juice with it and stir in pectin.
- Bring it to a full boil on high flame, keep stirring.
- Add butter and sugar to it and keep mixture at a full boil for one full minute, keep stirring.
- Remove it from the fire and skim off any foam that has been formed.
- Place it in the hot sterile jars and leave 1/2 inch free at the top of the jar when capping.
- Process it in hot water bath for about 5 minutes.
Tags huckleberry huckleberry jam jam