Recipe: Homemade Hot Chocolate
3-½ cups Whole Milk
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces, weight Chocolate (preferably Dark)
- 3 teaspoons Maple Syrup Or Natural Sweetener Of Choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ? teaspoons Salt
- Chop the chocolate very finely.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a low simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Add the chocolate, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Whisk vigorously until all of the chocolate has melted. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, whisking constantly.
homemade hot chocolate is ready to serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4