- Two cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded peeled sweet potato (One large)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Three eggs
- One and a half can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple within juice, undrained
- 3/4 mug sweetened dried cranberries
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 mug butter or margarine, softened
- One and a half package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- One and a half teaspoon vanilla
How to make Holiday Sweet Potato Cake
- Heat stove to 350ºF. Grease underside and attributes of two spherical pans, 9×1 1/2 inches, with reducing; lightly flour.
- In large dish, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add sweet potato, oil, One and a halfteaspoon vanilla, the eggs as well as pineapple with juice. Defeat along with electric mixer upon moderate speed Two minutes. Stir in cranberries. Put into pans.
- Bake Twenty five in order to 35 minutes or even until toothpick placed in center of cake arrives thoroughly clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookware to wire stand. Awesome completely, regarding One hour.
- In medium dish, defeat just about all Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients along with electrical mixer upon medium speed till smooth. Fill up layers and frost aspect as well as surface of cake. Garnish edge with additional dried cranberries if desired. Store protected in refrigerator.
Holiday Sweet Potato Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 12 servings