- 2/3 cup water
- 4 green tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
How to make Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe:
- In a medium sized pot, heat 2/3 cups water to boiling. Add the green tea bags, remove the pot from the heat, and let them steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeezing them against the side of the pot with a spoon to get all the liquid out.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat, and add the half-and-half and the sugar. Allow the mixture to chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form, and then fold in the green tea and half and half mixture.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, and then transfer to a freezer container.