Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients
2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups chopped raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional granulated sugar or colored sugar
How to make Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts.
- On a surface sprinkled with additional sugar or colored sugar, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with desired cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
- Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies is ready to serve.
Prep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min./batch