3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- One and a half teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Two 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- One and a half teaspoon almond extract
- Five eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
How to make Golden Pound Cake
- Heat stove in order to 350ºF. Oil as well as flour 12-cup fluted pipe dessert pan or even 10-inch angel food (tube) cake. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter, almond extract as well as eggs in big bowl along with electrical mixer upon reduced pace Thirty seconds, scraping dish constantly. Beat upon high-speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat within flour combination alternately with milk on low speed. Pour in to pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to at least one hour 20 minutes or even until toothpick inserted within center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from skillet in order to wire rack. Awesome completely, about 40 minutes.
Golden Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Servings: 16 servings