- Two cups sugar
- One and a half cup butter, softened
- Four eggs
- One and a half tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Three cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
How to make Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
- Heat oven in order to 350°F. Generously squirt 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking food squirt. In big bowl, defeat 2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter along with electric mixing machine on moderate speed until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 egg at any given time, beating nicely after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and milk until smooth, scraping dish from time to time. Pour player in to pan.
- Bake 50 in order to An hour or even until toothpick inserted close to center arrives thoroughly clean. Cool in pan Fifteen minutes. Place heatproof helping dish upside down more than pan; turn dish and pan over. Eliminate skillet.
- Meanwhile, within 1-quart nonaluminum soup pot, warmth glaze elements more than medium heat, mixing from time to time, until butter is actually dissolved.
- With long-tined fork or skewer, amply prick best and attributes associated with cake. Brush warm glaze over cake, permitting glaze to soak in to cake. Awesome totally, regarding One hour 30 minutes, prior to serving. Garnish with powder sugar as well as edible blossoms, if preferred.
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 55 minutes
Servings: 16 servings