German Chocolate Upside Down Cake Ingredients
1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 (1 ounce) squares German sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
How to make German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Not necessary to grease pan.
- In a sauce pan, combine 1 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Heat until butter melts, then stir in brown sugar and coconut. Pour into ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle marshmallows and nuts over top. set aside.
- For the cake: in a saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate with 1/2 cup water. Heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, soda and salt. Add sour cream, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, vanilla and eggs. Add chocolate mixture and beat 3 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over coconut marshmallow mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Place pan on foil or cookie sheet to guard against spillage.
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cake is ready to serve.