Fruit Bavarois ingredients
2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/2 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 3 medium size egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine or 15 g sachet powdered gelatine
- 142 ml carton double cream, (heavy cream) lightly whipped
- 150 g carton natural Greek yogurt
- 6 passion fruit, seeds scooped out
How to make Fruit Bavarois
- Place the milk in a saucepan with the vanilla pod, bring almost to the boil then remove from the heat and leave to stand for 15 minutes to infuse. Remove the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and return them to the milk.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk in the infused milk and return to the saucepan.
- Slowly bring to the boil, stirring continually until thickened slightly. Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl and allow to cool to hand hot. Prepare gelatine following pack instructions and stir in. Cool completely and when almost set, stir in the cream, yogurt and seeds and juice from 4 passion fruit.
- Divide the mixture between 6 individual moulds or 1 large mould and chill until set.
- To serve, immerse the outside of the mould(s) briefly in hot water and turn out onto a serving plate. Serve with a spoonful of passion fruit seeds.
Fruit Bavarois is ready to serve.